COVID 19: Getting back on the pitch
Version 3: Effective from 30th September 2020
The information below outlines the steps we are taking to keep our members and coaches safe while following the latest Government and Sport England guidance on public spaces, outdoor activity and exercise. These guidelines have been developed following the Guidance for the public on the phased return of outdoor sport and recreation in England.
Please read the following guidelines carefully, and when you visit the pitch, co-operate with us to ensure the rules of social distancing are adhered to at all times.
- Please follow the Government guidelines on travel when making journeys to and from the pitch.
- Avoid congregating at the pitch entrance, pitch side or in the grass area in front of the pitch and maintain your distance at all times social distancing measure within current government guidelines.
- Only travel to the pitch if you have a confirmed session booked and arrive at the time of your booking, not before.
- Clubs/Users must maintain a list of all participants who attend sessions in case you need to do any contact tracing (perhaps consider teamo play safe app). Relying solely in the NHS app is not sufficient.
- Be ready to vacate the pitch, 5 minutes before the end of your booking to avoid bottlenecks and leave the pitch immediately via the spectator area.
- The hirer will have the responsibility for adhering to guidance
- Use of the pitch will be at your own/clubs risk.
- Please do not turn up more than 10 minutes prior to your pitch booking
- In accordance with National Governing Body’s and Government guidelines, spectators will be only allowed to attend Junior coaching sessions or games for safeguarding reasons, and we ask that only 1 parent or guardian per family in attendance spectate sessions and must remain in the spectator area.
- Spectators to remain socially distanced (2 metres apart) whilst attending sessions and as per government guidance.
- Use of dugouts and any other outdoor seating is prohibited however, you may wish to bring your own fold-up chair (in the case of a parent/guardian supervising a child).
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- Follow guidelines on hand hygiene carefully. Hand sanitising gel should be made available by clubs/users by the main gates, though we strongly encourage participants to bring their own.
- Entry to School facilities will be prohibited; there will be no toilet or changing facilities available.
- Participants should bring their own water bottle, participants will not be able to refill water bottles and the water within the school will be out of use.
- Do not share food and drink with others, nor should it be brought onto the pitch. It must remain in the spectator area.
- Participants should not come to the pitch if they have a raised temperature, are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms, are self-isolating or living with individuals that are self-isolating.
- If your participants exhibit any signs or symptoms in the days following your session, please ensure you inform us in case we need to do any contact tracing.
- We recommend that you clean and wipe down your equipment including ball, sticks, shin pads in line with your risk assessment and your national governing body guidelines etc before and after play.
- If participants are playing with users outside your household; avoid picking up each other’s equipment. Consider nominating 1 person to provide equipment, so that it is easier to keep track.
- Please remind participants to bring the minimum amount of equipment/kit with them and arrive ready to play.
- Any clothing or equipment left on the premises will be removed safely and put into the rubbish bins.
- If you move the goals around the pitch, please ensure you return them to the side of the pitch at the end of your session.
Entering and Exiting the pitch
- The pitch will follow a “one way” system in and out:
- To enter the pitch, please use the old entrance gate, to the right of the main entrance gate.
- To exit, please use the main entrance gate via the spectator area.
- At the end of your session please promptly exit the pitch into the spectator area, so that the next group can enter the pitch..
- You should not enter the pitch until the existing users have left the pitch area
- If hiring 1/3rds of pitch, the pitch is divided into thirds and marked by red lines. Players should not cross into adjacent pitch they’ve been allocated apart from to collect balls.
- Social distancing measures within the current government guidelines should be maintained at all times between individuals of different households, when off the pitch.
- Please refrain from touching any other equipment (such as goals).
- The main gates to the pitch must remain open at all times, opened outwards. Please avoid touching gates and adjacent pitch side fences.
- Use of the dugouts is prohibited. Please do not leave your equipment on the pitch side benches
- Please be ready to vacate the pitch, 5 minutes before the end of your booking to avoid bottlenecks and leave the pitch immediate into the spectator area and exit through the main gate as signposted.
Additionally, we expect clubs/users to have undertaken a full Covid-19 risk assessment that will run in line with our policies and corresponding governing bodies (e.g. The FA, England Hockey)
If this guidance is not adhered to, you will be asked to leave the premises for the safety of others and themselves.
Last Updated: 1st October 2020